Sunday, September 27, 2009

You missed all of the excitement tonight.

Freezing cold autumn weather, a Pionsat win and a draw, debatable referring decisions, a series of mysterious yellow cards flashed at no-one in particular, a referee losing his temper, a whole raft of hotly-disputed decisions, fierce argument, a punch-up, one of the best goals I've seen for ages and a couple of schoolboy errors.

Yes, we have exciting times out here in the wilderness of rural France. It's much more fun than watching Manure Knighted on the box.

This morning I went into Commentry and didn't I have a lucky find in one of the crud shops? Remember yesterday when I dropped my tape player down two storeys in the house? well they were selling a portable bicycle accessory tape player with built-in stereo speakers for 5 euros. It works with an external 6v DC socket too. Can't be bad at that price. I can't wait to try it out.

Later this afternoon I did another load of washing. I need to get up-do-date before winter. The cold even now is starting to threaten.

And no footy tomorrow. What on earth am I going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment