Sunday, November 1, 2009

I've finished the painting ...


...and I've even started to lay the flooring. So much for my Sunday day of rest.

But the flooring needs to come up again. I was under the impression that there were only two different patterns in each packet but there are in fact four, so I need to re-plan how I'm going to lay them.

There was some paint left over to do the final wall, but I wasn't sure whether there would be enough. So I added a cup-full of white paint and stirred it in. It didn't go much lighter and it seemed to spread much easier too, so I wish I had done that from the very beginning. And when I finished, there was a cup-full of paint left over. And moving-in day looks much closer and I can't wait.

The paint was described as "odourless" but it flaming well isn't. The fumes have given me a headache which doesn't seem to want to go and I'm off to bed in a minute.

But not before I tell you that I'm meeting this drummer on Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. You'll have to see whether each packet has the same patterns in it.

    Odourless paint - now that's a laugh. I've never encountered any paint that has no odour. Even the water-based paints have a certain odour and that often lingers for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were in fact five patterns in total!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... That's going to take some thinking about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. meeting a drummer will give you another headache eric

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was married for several years back in the 80s and early 90s. I can tell you all about headaches (and earaches etc etc)

    ReplyDelete