Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Yesterday we talked about the rain.

And I can tell you with complete confidence that in the 18 hours from about 14:15 to 08:15 this morning we had a total of 42mm. Now that is not all that far short of a record, and it gives you some kind of an idea of what kind of weather we had just now.

The morning was dark and miserable - at about 10:00 I was getting a total of about 2 amps of my charging system, a right winter's day type of charge. Mind you this afternoon it brightened up sonsiderably and it was quite warm. But it didn't last and as I was leaving Pionsat after the Anglo-French group meeting we were having torrential rainstorms again.

 As I turned up the lane to here I noticed the sun setting between two heavy rain clouds and so I quickly took a pic. I didn't have much time to set up and what with the driving rain it's not come out as well as it might. But it's impressive just the same and I'm getting to like this new Nikon camera.

We managed to get a load of work done on the roof today in between the rainstorms. All of the chevrons are on and they are bricked in and cemented into position. It looks quite impressive. Tomorrow we can add the laths and the voltige and put the tiles back on, that is if the weather lets us. It's looking pretty ominous outside there right now.

After we knocked off on this roof Terry came to give me a hand in this lean-to. We took out the collapsed beam and fitted the new one, and then fitted the other new one into the beam hangers against the wall.

After Terry left I had a root around and came across some 25mm planks. They are now fitted and you can see the hole in the floor where the stairs will come in from downstairs.

Once the floor was fitted I roofed the place over with a pile of corrugated iron sheet that I found. I have some others but they are underneath firewood, gravel, hardcore and the like, preventing that from being infiltrated by weeds. I looked out for a tarpaulin but the only one I could find was a 6x4 meter and I don't want to waste that. I'll have to buy another 4x2 metre that should do, and I'll need a thin piece of 25mm to fit against the wall.

And I was carried away doing that and so almost missed the start of the meeting tonight. That shows you how keen I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment