Sunday, September 12, 2010

I found a hotel with free wi-fi ...

... but when I returned from this meeting on Friday night, I ... errrr ... crashed out! Mind you it had been a long day. I had to get up early to open up Lieneke's for Simon - but he never showed up. Mind you I took advantage by catching up with some more web stuff.

And after lunch I went to Bill's and fixed his computer as much as I could (we need some new drivers) and then I went to Clermont Ferrand. And as luck should have it I fell into Auchan just as they were having a huge €1:00 sale - and there was also a printer for Liz and Terry too.

So this morning I went to part II of this meeting which was interesting - except that they didn't get me a meal. Apparently my special diet is too much effort for them. Well, never mind. They will be hearing mor about this. And this afternoon, off to this Sports Stadium to see a referee and to criticise his refereeing. He made a few deliberate mistakes to see if we would spot them, and we also spotted a few unintenional errors too.

Once the match was over we had our debriefing and then it was back to Head Office. I didn't know the way so the guy in charge shouted "follow me" - and then piddled off before Caliburn and I were ready.

Nevertheless we worked out our way through Clermont all on our own and came back like the wind as I had to photograph the entire Pionsat football club for the new calendar, and I was pushed for time.

Pionsat's 2nd XI lost 2-1 to hated local rivals St Gervais while the 1st XI spannered Menat 4-0. A couple of exciting matches, even though they were a little bad-tempered.

Franck has forgotten my shorts and so I had to scrounge a pair for making my debut with the whistle tomorrow. Such is life. But the good news is that the club has made me a little "gesture" towards my expenses of travelling back and to to Clermont Ferrand. That was nice of them and it is much appreciated, as I'm a bit down on my uppers right now.

And so tomorrow I make my debut in centre-field.

No comments:

Post a Comment