"Hooray" - ed.
But I mean seriously - I have! And it's really strange how each time I move away from my cosy environment in the wilds of rural France, that after a few days I get a streaming head cold, a runny nose and my voice goes. I've no idea why that might be but it happens every time.
And so where was I? Ahhh yes!
With the factory behind the motel where I was staying in Windsor being closed for the weekend they switched off the internet and so I wasn't able to post anything ...
"Hooray" - ed
... but you can see why this motel is my kind of motel, even if there isn't any internet access. it reminds me of Liverpool.
Since I arrived in Windsor a lot has happened.I spent Friday driving around Lake St Clair - which is one of the Lakes but not a Great one and having bragged about the beautiful weather, this weekend has been shocking. Saturday I spent shopping, simply as a way to get out of the rain. I did a full tour of Home Depot, and I don't need to go to any of these places in Detroit as Home Depot sells them, and at half price too. And I bought a SatNav - an end-of series Magellan that takes SD cards. Was $299 - reduced to $99. So when I expressed an interest in it, we discovered that there was only the display model left - so would I like it at $79? And we are talking Canadian dollars too! I also bought some new walking boots, reduced to $29.
Saturday night, Katherine, Adam (a friend of Katherine's) and I went out for a meal and we had the best Indian I have ever eaten outside Stoke on Trent - and all for $6:99 too. Followed by coffee at Tim Horton's, it was the most exciting Saturday night I've had for years.
Sunday we all went down to Pelee Point, the southernmost point of Canada, and also to Tecumseh to look for the Taj Mahal (all will become clear in due course).
Today I rescued Strawberry and entered the drag ... errr ... the Untied States. And another 3-hour grilling. It reminded me exactly of when I used to go to the Soviet Union - exactly the same grilling and exactly the same reason - "the interests of National Security". The USA spent 50 years trying to destroy communism and then went and installed it over there. I'm waiting for some high-powered American politician to admit that maybe the Soviets had a point.
I've now driven around to the south shore of Lake Erie and I'm at Marblehead, Ohio. Who knows where I shall be tomorrow?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment