Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Caliburn went for a swim today.

We were out and about this afternoon killing a little time and we found a ford. With a name like that of course I had to drive Caliburn through it and he quite enjoyed his little swim.

Last night I found a good spec on the A6 at Ambergate and that was where I bedded down. The Roach Coach woke me up at about 07:30 when it installed itself and once I had summoned up the courage to heave myself out of my stinking pit I moved on to ILkeston. Here at VWP I bought a pile of cable for back home and then I moved myself on to the M1 where I stopped at Leicester Forest East for a shower, a shave and to wash my clothes. And I dunno what was going on at Donington Park last weekend but the services were crawling with Goths and the like.

From there it was on to Corby and Radio Spares where I bought a few bits and pieces. I forgot the 7-core trailer wire at VWP and I'm glad that I did as it was on special offer at Radio Spares - 25 metres for £25 which is a bargain. In fact it was a shame that there was only one roll left.

To kill some time I went to Gedlington to see the Eleanor Cross, one of the sites of the overnight stay of the coffin of Eleanor of Castile, wife of Edward Longshanks, who died in 1290. I had the luck (yet again) to fall in with a tourist guide doing a tour of the area and so I had a guided visit of this historic visit, and that was when I found the ford.

At Northampton I picked up Terry's orders and then did the food shopping at the Morrison's there. This then brought me to Cambridge where I tracked down the University library. That's my port of call for tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment