Monday, April 23, 2012

It was another day today ...

... when I hardly went out at all. However, after the traditional Sunday lie-in (until all of 09:40) and breakfast I started packing. And that's it - all done. All I need to do now is to round up the rest of the electrical equipment I shall be taking, and I wish that I knew where the spare camera battery is.

All of the tickets are printed off too, and they are safely installed in their wallet in the pocket of the suitcase. And Strawberry Moose has tried out the suitcase and he's quite comfortable in there too.

I've cut my hair as well and so I'm ready to go. All I need to do tomorrow is the 9 things that are on this list that I have prepared. Tuesday morning I'm recording radio programmes and then making sandwiches, locking up the place and I'll be off.

In other exciting news, I've been searching for years for a copy of the Inspector Hornleigh films from the late 1930s. These films, starring Gordon Harker and Alistair Sim, are real and proper classics. And just by chance tonight I've tracked them down - not only free to view but free to download - at The Internet Archive.  

There are thousands of films there and I'm really disappointed that I didn't discover this site earlier. As it is, I've downloaded half a dozen or so films and I'll download some more as I get the chance. It will be nice when I'm out in the wilderness somewhere at the side of the road to relax with a classic black-and-white film and a can of spruce beer.

And what has made my day about this is that I noticed the internet speed. Two or three years ago I was struggling with 18 kbs. I'm downloading these films at an average of about 250 kbs. Not as fast as you might be having but it's comparative luxury for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment