Monday, June 25, 2012

I've been quiet ...

... for the last couple of days, haven't I? Far too busy to post anything.

Saturday morning I was busy tracing the antics of Séraphin Margane de Lavaltrie and his regiment, the Carignan-Salières, as well as unravelling the tangled web weaved by the enigmatic Louis de Buade, Comte de Frontenac. Yes, this is all very exciting, doing these web pages.

Anyway, in the afternoon I shot off to Commentry and did a pile of shopping, but didn't buy any wire netting. The price of the stuff is exorbitant and I'm sure that I can do far better than that. In the meantime I'll see what I can conjure up or otherwise invent. I did manage to fit in an uncomfortable hour in the swimming pool at Neris ... note to self- "don't go swimming straight after eating a tub of sorbet".

In the evening we went off for our traditional walk around the back lanes of the village, and then back to the field at the back of the church where we had the usual singing, dancing, music, open fire, barbecue etc etc.

A good time was had by all although I didn't stay too long. I was absolutely exhausted, and so I was home and in bed by midnight.     
Today thought I've hardly set foot outside the house, that's for sure.

I've been watching a few video films today as well as having a really good tidy out of my room. I've thrown a lot of stuff away as well as dumping a lot of stuff downstairs to empty the place a bit. It looks a little (yes, just a little) less cluttered right now although I'm sure that that won't last very long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment