Saturday, August 4, 2012

In something that must be a new world record, if not a personal best ...

... I was up and about this morning at the stupid time of 05:50 and I've absolutely no idea why. Anyway, I had a really leisurely start to the morning and spent a load of time working on the website. I'm currently discussing the Battle of Québec, as it happens.

At 13:30 I nipped off into St Eloy to do some shopping and also to buy some bricks. Cheze had them in stock - but at €0:94 a piece which is ridiculous if you ask me. Anyway, I bought just enough to do the surround for the second window that I'll be fitting in the lean-to.

Just by way of a change, I did some work this afternoon - putting back into position the stones that I knocked off the wall the other day, cementing them into position and then concreting them in place. But now I've run out of gravel, would you believe? It's clearly not my destiny to finish this wall. But no gravel means that I can use up the pile of scrunched-up brick that used to be two internal walls here until I knocked them down. They were just lying where they fell all over the floor and so this means that I'm clearing them out of the way, which is A Good Thing. They make nice lightweight concrete too.

Tomorrow is a day off - no village Open Day to attend. I'll have a lie-in and maybe go to Pionsat for a prowl around the brocante and see how Marianne is doing with her stall for the Amis du Chateau de Pionsat.

No comments:

Post a Comment