Saturday, October 23, 2010

So we were all discharged ...

... from the "Caribou" - "He wasn't discharged, he was expelled" - ed  at 07:30 and the first thing that I did, after getting a coffee from Tim Horton's, was to go to Sydney. I'd been here in 2003 but with not being very well at the time I'd never seen the place.

So I spent an hour or two in the pouring rain and had a wander around - the rain was torrential. I saw lots of things that were well-worth seeing, but I didn't get to see the Opera House or the Harbour Bridge that are supposed to be here.

Leaving Sydney I found myself on more traces of my 2003 route so I went and did it properly for a while before heading off south to the Canso Causeway.

Once across the water onto the mainland of Canada I had a leisurely drive around the coast until it got dark, and a couple of guys on one of these bay ferries pointed me in the direction of a couple who take in boarders  - "what do they tell them?" ... ed - and if I could find more places like that on my route - bed and breakfast in a comfortable room with use of cat and kitchen for $45 cash, I would be home and dry.

No internet though, but you can't have everything.

1 comment:

  1. Trust you to find a place with plenty of free pussy :P

    ReplyDelete