Monday, April 25, 2011

It has finally rained

We had 0.5mm of rain during the last 24 hours. Not a lot, but the first rain of significance for 20 days. The garden was pleased to see it, but the water butts weren't. With all of the messing and mauling about, the plastic connections on the line that joins the two butts together has worked itself loose and the water leaked off out of the sides.

And so this morning instead of having my day off I had the butts stripped down yet again and sealing all of the plastic joints. And now there don't seem to be any leaks, but I'm not vert happy with this. So what I'm going to do is to go to Montlucon on Tuesday, buy some more bulkhead fittings and connections, and couple them up with brass fastenings and proper reinforced plastic pipe. I'm also going to put a tap in between the two butts so I can switch off the connection and drain the tanks individually if I need to. That's much more like it. The plastic joining kits are fine for water butts for  watering plants and so on but for domestic use I need something much more solid.

And so once that was done I came back up here and watched a film - Our Man Flint, one of the films that I bought just recently.

I've not been out either. There's been no footy and so I haven't had any reason and I may as well stay here and relax for a change. It is a Bank Holiday after all

No comments:

Post a Comment