Friday, April 15, 2011

I've finished ...

... my Viking pages and you can now see them on line - or, at least, you will when my server comes back on line, whenever that might be. I mamaged to get myself rather carried away this morning and when the battery on the laptop ran out, I charged it up and continued.

So thats all done, and now I can carry on with the drive around Newfoundland. This might take a while to come on line, though. It was fun driving around Newfoundland but nowhere near as exciting or as challenging as it was in Labrador, so I dunno if I will have the same enthusiasm. We shall see.

I then had to do sone quick printing and signing of documents for a project or two that I have on the go. And much to my surprise the printer started to work again. I still can't manage to change the black cartridge but I've found an option that allows me to print using a mix of the colours that will create a black. That won't last long, I suppose, but I dunno what else to do at the moment about it.

Anyway one of the documents needed a witness and so I nipped down to Marianne's - and I ended up staying there for a couple of hours. She'd been to the Departmental Archives and had found a pile of interesting documents relating to Pionsat., including the plans for the construction of the Pionsat abbatoir, one of the places I had to photograph for her the other day.

She's also made quite a startling discovery - so startling that it is astonishing, but I can't say any more about that at the moment.

Back here I've been carrying on tidying up outside, although you would never guess. I don't seem to be making any progress at all. I suppose I shall just have to keep on going.

And in other news, do you remember my exciting news that I hinted at the other day? Well, like most things that are too good to be true, they are in fact too good to be true and this one might be running into the buffers soon. But I'm still going to put a lot of effort and a lot of time into it because I never know my luck and I'm not writing it off just yet as long as I am in the chair. If it does come off, it will be a major coup and so it's well worth persevering. Nothing any good was ever achieved easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment