Saturday, April 16, 2011

I'm going to bed in a minute.

Yes, I dunno what's the matter with me just recently - I can't seem to last the pace any more.

And it isn't as if I've done anything particular either. This morning I spent a couple of hours writing up my notes on Newfoundland, and then spent a while photocopying some documents that I need, and making the odd telephone or two.

Then apart from that I've been tidying up. The front of the house has been weeded in some kind of fashion and then I put down some plastic sheeting and put some pallets on top, and there I have my dustbins - all 4 of them. I've also cleared a pile of stones from in front of the house too - the big ones to the rockpile and the smaller ones to the paths between the new raised beds, and it's in place of the stones that I put the pallets and the garden furniture that was up on top on the old potager. I've also rearranged the herb beds and the trees that I've been keeping in buckets until I can clear the orchard.

This evening I was invited to the annual general meeting of the Virlet Cultural and Historical Society and it seems that I've been talked into doing a presentation of my trip to Labrador sometime at the end of the year.

Lieneke is back again too and so I went round for a chat. She's taken me by surprise as I had put the trailer across the door of her barn not expecting her to be here until the beginning of May as usual. I'll have to shift that tomorrow.

And that's been my day. Hardly tiring, is it? So I don't know what's up with me right now.

And in other news, I have gherkins and cucumber rearing their ugly heads in the cloche, and potatoes in the early potato bed. Things are slowly coming to life here. I wish I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment