Sunday, April 17, 2011

One thing you have always wondered ...

... is "what happens to the shop-soiled and damaged goods that LIDL can't sell?" I can answer that for here in France - it all goes to "Les Bonnes Affaires" in Commentry. One of my favourite "end of series" shops - it's had a major makeover and a huge pile of the junk that's been in there for years has all gone. It's now packed full of LIDL special offers in damaged, damp or torn packages.

The lady who runs it doesnt have a clue about pricing. Some of the stuff is 3 times as dear as it was when LIDL sold it. But other stuff is for nothing, like the battery-operated LED motion detectors at €2:99 and the 12 Volt LED lights with MR16 fittings (the ones that I use here) at just €2:00 each - I cleaned out the stock of them, I can tell you.

It was a really profitable half hour in there, I can tell you.

So this morning I did some tidying up in here and threw away a load of stuff that I no longer need. And then moved the trailer and dumped it in the lane (and now watch someone want to come past for the first time in a hundred years)  before going off to Commentry for the shopping. Apart from the usual, I bought 6 tomato plants for €2.30 and 3 aubergine plants for €1:90. I hope that I will have better luck with the aubergines and tomatoes than I have had previously. And the LIDL in Commentry has been enlarged - and about time too - it was far too small.

Swimming at Neris was next on the agenda. The water was lovely and a good warm shower finished that off nicely. Back home I gave Lieneke some of my mint cuttings (anyone else want any? I've a load)  and at 20:00 went to watch Marcillat's 2nd XI play, seeing as there was no footy at Pionsat this evening.

Frank, the Pionsat team coach, was playing central defence but he couldn't save them from a right spannering - 6-0 thay went down and they were lucky to get nil as well. They really are awful. Within the opening 30 minutes Marcillat had had to use one of their substitutes and he was booked twice and back in the dressing room. An astonishing performance.

But there's footy tomorrow afternoon at Pionsat - the 1st XI are playing St Bonnet. Pionsat beat them 4-0 down there and they really do need to run up a cricket score tomorrow to keep their promotion hopes alive. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment