Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I now have a new beichstuhl

and here's a photo of it in ill its glory - minus the tongue-and-grooved cladding of course.

Did I mention that when I was at Les Bonnes Affaires the other day they had a couple of 20-litre aluminium casseroles? And just €9:99 too. I thought that I would try one because being a casserole it would be watertight, it has a tight-fitting lid and it shouldn't be prone to rusting - that so-called stainless steel bin that I bought from IKEA is rusty already and leaking, after less that a year and so it needed to be changed. At least this gives me an opportunity to redesign it.

It isn't finished because I can't find the hinges for the top part, and I can't find the clips to hold the seat on, but they'll turn up somewhere sometime.

Such delightful things that I talk about on my blog.

I started that after I'd been working on my voyage around Cape breton Island, but I didn't get a head start on it like I wanted. Another succession of cold canvassers, and the guy from Pionsat Patrimoine who doesn't understand the meaning of the sentence "I'm busy and I don't have time to deal with these photos right now" - mind you, the time it took him on the phone, I could have done it.

Tomorrow I'm going to strip out Caliburn, including removing the seats, and see what's in there, and see if I can't find that SatNav (although I'm not optimistic about that). I need to get ready to go to the UK.

1 comment:

  1. Straps Engaged - check
    Bean Casserole intake complete - check
    Countdown....
    10
    9
    8
    7
    6
    5
    Ignition... Check
    4
    Main thrusters start... Check
    3
    2
    1
    Liftoff... We have liftoff of the good ship bean casserole bechstuhl, powered by the innovative new bean casserole fuel system, captained by Eric Dangerous Hall.

    ReplyDelete