Monday, May 16, 2011

I've hardly been ...

... outside today. Just once to take the lid off the cloche, and once to put it back on again and to take the stats. And that was that.

For the rest of the time I've stayed up here - catching up on tons of outstanding correspondence and so on, and theres still tons to do but I haven't done it.

But even in the confines of my comfy little corner I can still stir up a whirlwind, so I'm told. There's one of these industrial walks next Saturday - I don't know if you remember last year the one where we visited all of the old coal mines and quarries - and this year its to look at a few bits and pieces and to visit a Roman gold mine. So of course Yours Truly sent a message to the contacts group to inform them of the walk, with a little light-hearted comment such as "and we are going gold-prospecting, so bring your own shovel and pan". And to cut a long story short "thank God" - ed my message has appeared word for word in the local newspaper.

Of course the organisers are furious but then again what can I do about it? I didn't report it to the newspapers and the local reporter who covers the area - she didn't report it either as it was she who told me about it. So who did?

Ahh well.

Anyway, back at work tomorrow. And I need to go to Riom in the afternoon. High time I was a little more pro-active.

No comments:

Post a Comment