Thursday, May 12, 2011

That blasted hornet ...

... flew into my attic at 06:45 this morning. GRRRRRRR. I'm not standing for that and after a while when it settled on the floor I dropped an atlas on top of it. After a few minutes it staggered into the air a nd staggered out ouf the window, which I then closed and went back to bed. And I'll close them again tonight when I go to bed. I'm not having this again.

And after being on the computer I went to hunt down some old demi-chevrons that I had lying around and made one of the sides of the greenhouse. This is how it will look, but with some diagonal sloping facings from back to front.

You'll see that it's divided into a front and back section. The front sction is for a window and the rear will have a door in it.

Building the four sides like this, fitting them together and then installing the windows is how I intend to do it, but if you imagine that instead of fitting windows I were to clad it with OSB and then put overlapping thin planks horizontally over the OSB, then that's how you build a North American balloon-framed house. Once you master the technique you can build anything out of it. I started off by building the beichstuhl as a balloon-frame and then graduated to building the verandah. After the greenhouse, I'm going to build a garden shed and then I might even graduate onto a double garage. You never know.

Late this afternoon we had clouds - and this evening there was some rain. I thought at first that we might even have an amount of rain worth collecting but it didn't last long. I've given up worrying about the rain anyway - things will just have to take care of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment