Saturday, June 4, 2011

Today was something like a bad start

Yes, a blasted tractor wanted to get into the field across the entrance to which I was parked. First time for 50 years I reckoned, judging by the looks of the gate and the track down there, and it had to be today of course.

And so I discretely removed myself to another spec and set about tidying Caliburn and I was interrupted b a phone call, and what a pleasant surprise that was. Back 100 years ago when I had my taxis there was a girl who used to work for me on Saturdays answering the phone and so on to earn some pocket money. She used to draw the images for me for the humorous ("that's what you think" - ed) remarks that I made.

After I sold up, we kept in touch for a short while but then we lost touch with each other. Anyway, to cut a long story short ("thank heavens" - ed) Facebook has a lot to answer for and she has tracked me down. She's now working as the Financial Controller for a Renewable Energy Company in Newcastle-under-Lyme and she reckons that it might be a profitable encounter for all of us if we (me, she and her boss) were to meet up sometime for a chat. Apart from it being so nice to meet Mandy again after all these years, and I am really looking forward to that of course, I could do with a few profitable encounters, the way things are right now, and so we are all going for coffee next Thursday afternoon

I've also been househunting for Percy Penguin this afternoon and it's just like Belgium here -
"Didn't you see anything suitable in our window?".
"Well, if I saw anything interesting in your window there wouldn't be any point at all in you working here, would there? And with an attitude like that you may as well p155 off home because you won't be in business for long".
It seems that even with a substantial amount of cash at stake, there are still far too many people who cant be asked to stop talking and stop drinking coffee to deal with any customers.
No wonder the UK is going broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment