Monday, July 4, 2011

Remember yesterday ...

... when I said that today I would be working on the guttering and the water filter system? Well in fact that was what I did this afternoon and you can see the results just here in the photo. We now have full-sized guttering and a full-sized downpipe with a decent-sized sump that is angled down to where the drain is.

The tube down to the settling pipe is 80mm like the rest of the guttering, and from there on, nothing else has changed.

I've been trying to fit a covering over the top but I can't get it to fasten down. In the end I'll be having to resort to cable ties I reckon. Now where did I put my cable ties then?

I also said that I would be doing some bread baking, but the less said about that the better. Apart from dropping some of my mix on the floor, I ended up with a couple of soggy lumps of I'm not quite sure what - and that after spending I don't know how long looking for a third shelf for the oven. I reckon that the "best before" date of 04/10 might have something to do with this, and so I'll have another go with sone fresh stuff and see what happens. But I really need a decent flat tray for the oven.

Marianne rang me this morning and we went to Roche D'Agoux for her presentation at the tourism morning. She drove and I went as passenger, which was not really such a sound move as I get bored with these dos after about half an hour - 2 hours and more is more than enough for me.

But the up side of this was that the organisers were the people who organise the vintage fete at St Maurice. I had a good chat with one of the organisers about the Minerva - so much so that I've been invited to exhibit it there on August 14th. I need to get a move on and get it running.

Anyway the hospitality was freely flowing, so much so that I had to drive back. And that can have its good sides too. I've never been to Rocje D'Agoux before and so with my own personal tourist guide I was given the tour of the village.

The village is built on an outcrop of quartz that runs for maybe 20 kilometres across the north-western Combrailles. The village takes its name from one of the most important outcrops, full of quartz and semi-precious stones.

There are also the remains of a fortified castle, a church with a leper room with communicating hatch to the nave, and a monster-sized 10-pin bowling set-up that is quite impressive.

After that I went to the brocante at Arpheuilles where I spend about €4 on bits and pieces, and I also spent a pleasant hour tracking down the track bed of the tacot - the narrow-gauge railway that passed through here.

All in all a very busy day. Kept me well out of mischief.

No comments:

Post a Comment