Wednesday, October 26, 2011

After last night's early retirement ...

... I was up with the cock this morning.

But that's enough about my personal life. I was up quite early and when Liz phoned me to make sure that I was awake, I was already tucking into breakfast.

At Radio Tartasse we did our programmes for the month of November and after a coffee together I came back home.

Working on the website again followed by lunch, and then I took some more roofing sheets off the lean-to and replaced them with a tarp. I also put something underneath the floor of the upper part of the leanto to stop any water falling on the washing machine underneath.

After all of that I put up the ladder and started on chiselling out the old mortar at the top of the house wall, but I wasn't up there for too long. The wind sprang up again quite violently and then we had a huge black weather front that dumped 5 mms of rain everywhere. That wasn't very good, and I left the wall to itself with all of that. What I did was to point some more of the inside wall of the lean-to. It needs to be done some time or other and there's no time like the present.

If you've looked at some of the earlier photos you'll see the difference in this pic, on the left side of the wall. You might have also noticed a hole in the wall as well in the left side of the back wall. That's gone too now,all filled up with stones and properly cemented in. And that was something that I was keen to do, especially with winter on the way.

Tonight I finished off Liz's vegan casserole and had some of her vegan chocolate cake. Isn't it nice to have good friends?    

No comments:

Post a Comment