Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Well, it's back to the daily grind now.

Or, at least, it should have been, except that at instead of the early night that I had promised myself,I was still wide awake at 05:00. Sleep issues again - it must be my guilty conscience.

Obviously, 08:15 never happened and it was about 10:50 when I heaved myself out of my stinking pit ready to face the world.

This morning I spent writing up my notes for the match yesterday. I'm amazed about how much I wrote and it's probably going to take me all week to do the web page for it. But I need to exert myself and not let things drag around like I have been doing.

This afternoon I moved a few things around on the car park and managed to get at the immersion heaters under the tarpaulin. There's a newish 50-litre tank there that Bill gave me because it has a leak in it somewhere so I've connected it all up to all kinds of pipes so that I can fill it with water and then close it off. I'll leave it like that for a day or so to see if I can see where it's leaking from. Then I can fix the leak, fit a 12-volt element in it and then use it in the lean-to as the new dump load.

A pleasant surprise at the Anglo-French Group tonight where we had two new members. Peter brought his ladyfriend along to take part, and Nan turned up, seeing as she has now moved to la Cellette. we had a really good time as well and we were all quite animated. It's nice to see that kind of thing happening.

But that's it basically and I really am going to be going to bed in a minute. These late nights are catching up on me and I need to be up early tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment