Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I had another lovely tea tonight.

Jacket potatoes and tortilla wraps with spicy beans. And once again it was cooked in the oven on the new fire, and once again it did an excellent job. So much so that tomorrow night I'm going to go for a rice puidding and see what happens about that.

This morning I awoke well on time thanks to this new alarm clock that I have. It has a projector light that flashes the time across the room and makes enough noise to awaken the dead. But printing off the paperwork for the radio station didn't work - the new computer doesn't recognise the printer and I can't upload the drivers. I'll have to see if I can do that by downloading them (which I can't because all of Epson's European sites don't work).

So Radio Tartasse was done and then we set off through the driving rain to Gerzat. And as we drove over the Combrailles I joked to Liz that everyone in Riom would be basking in the sun in shirt sleeves. They weren't, as it happens, but the sun was there, and some blue sky too.

At Radio Arverne I had a premonition about the music we were to play and sure enough, in what could only be a gazillion-to-one chance, we had both picked a track with the same title. How bizarre!

We did the programmes for January and then recorded our Christmas special. That was a bundle of laughs, and what we did for the carols - well, you'll find out on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Home into the hills and into the driving rain again. I lit the fire in here and that was that. I had no intentions of moving and so I didn't.

But tea was nice ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment