Monday, December 26, 2011

A very Merry Christmas ...

... to all my readers.

I didn't get that line from a Christmas Cracker or from an Annual, but from off the back of the door of the Public Lavatory on Crewe Bus Station. That was a good source of reading material for a spotty young teenager and I certainly learned a good deal about anatomy there. In fact, I reckon that it was thanks to there that I passed my Biology 'O' Level with the best result I ever had.

This morning we had a lie-in and so it was about 10:00 when we finally struggled into the kitchen. Breakfast was flapjacks made with flour, soya milk and a little sugar, and then we went to church. I have issues with churches, though. Someone once tried to drown me in a church, and the next time I went there someone stuck this woman in my hand. I swore that they next time anyone of my acquaintance went to a church it would be over my dead body.

I made Christmas dinner as well. We had seitan slices in onions and gravy, boiled and roast potatoes, sprouts and mixed vegetables, followed by Christmas pudding and custard. And even though I say it myself, it all tasted very nice.

This afternoon we listened to our Christmas Radio Programme on Radio Arverne, watched "Doctor No" and that was that really - just chilled out.

But tomorrow we are starting work in earnest. after all, that's why I'm here.

1 comment: