Saturday, January 14, 2012

I didn't do so well today.

But there again, I did mention yesterday that this was likely. Only 5 rows today.

First reason was that we had something of a ... errrr ... late start. Not so much that I didn't wake up, but more of a case that each time I moved my joints and muscles crackled like a pan of chips. I'm not as young as I used to be.

Second reason was the weather. That hanging cloud was there, and it stayed here all day. As well as that we had a frost and as it melted and streamed down the slates that I had already put on, and little by little I was getting soaked to the skin and the more I worked, the colder, wetter and more miserable I became.

It was however very pleasant to see the water draining off the plastic sheet onto the tiles and then off the roof - with this large overhang keeping the water well away from the wall. That's what it's supposed to do, and that's why I've built it like that.

It's also good to be able to walk inside and see everywhere and everything bone-dry inside there - that's something that I've been waiting for years to see. I can't wait to finish it and then start to get everything organised for in there. That'll be a bonus for sure.

Third reason was the fact that I needed to reorganise the scaffolding, fit a new strut and a couple of planks, and then track down a third ladder to help me climb up to where I'm working. And once I finally got into a rhythm I was pushing along quite quickly. Problem there then was the light and with the hanging cloud the light went early. And you'll be able to tell which was the row that I finished off in the dark. Still, it has to be done and I'm lucky to have done this much at this time of the year. I never expected this.

No comments:

Post a Comment