Sunday, February 12, 2012

It was cold this morning.

9.5°C or thereabouts in here at 10:00 am this morning. But that was no surprise really because at that moment outside it was a mere -12°C. This weather certainly is ridiculous. Anyway a blazing wood fire had the temperature up to 18.5°C within an hour and that was the important bit.

I stayed in and cracked on with the presentation, and by 14:30 it was done. At least the text and the graphics are. I just have to make a powerpoint presentation of the photos, and that won't take too long.

From there I nipped into St Eloy and did some shopping. And I excelled myself. Some potatoes, to cook in my oven, and also some more oven chips. Saturday night might be curry night and it has been for as long as I can remember, but not when it's cold enough outside to keep half a packet of frozen oven chips, while I had the other half with a veggie burger and baked beans. But in Carrefour there were some young kids running amok, nominally (but not actually) under the control of a young woman with earrings and piercings through the nose and chin and the like. And when she spoke - yes, it was in English. and we came out here to keep away from people like that, snobs that we are. Jarspur and Hooray Henries one week, chavs the next week.

I found my way to Rosemary's after that, eventually, and we had a good chat for a couple of hours. and so back here where I have a big fire going and I'm not moving.

The word on the streets is that things shall warm up dramatically on Monday night. The bad news is that we shall be covered in snow though. If it's not one thing it's another. and you'll be surprised at just how many other things there are.

No comments:

Post a Comment