Friday, February 10, 2012

It wasn't quite the stinker that I was expecting.

Yes, a mere -14.1°C. A bagatelle. But it was cold in here though, 8°C when I woke up. And that's not surprising that the temperature up here is falling slowly. This cold spell has lasted well over a week and shows no sign of letting up.

So after breakfast it was into the firewood and I'm at the stage of looking for larger kindling because that's getting low up here. I've worked my way through a big pile this winter. I've brought up a large IKEA bag full from out of the lean-to, and that's making even more space in there, which is good news. I'm at the stage where I need to think about moving things out of the house to give me space to start working elsewhere. It's beginning to get too crowded.

Most of the rest of the day was spent working on the ceiling again, and I'm making good progress, even though I did manage to fall off the trestle thing that I'm standing on. i'm not quite sure how I managed to do that. But I did find time to rescue the two coffee percolator things and give them a really good clean. I tried the big one on the woodstove and although it took a while it made a decent cup of coffee. It took ages to cook the spaghetti though and I'm going to have to think of a way to do this better.

But I can see why in North America they go for tin-roofed houses. Although it was cold it was bright and sunny. And at a certain moment all of the snow slid off the barn roof and fell with a crash to the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment