Monday, April 9, 2012

On the way back from the footy ...

... there was a really good view of the Puy-de-Dôme in the distance from the top of the brow of a hill near St Priest. It's been quite some time since I posted a photo of the Puy.

So what was I doing out at St Priest? The answer is that as there was no local football at all this week I had to cast the net rather wide, and I ended up at St Priest. To my surprise, the 1st XI of St Priest don't play in local football but in regional football. That's about 3 levels higher up the pyramid than Pionsat's 1st XI. Anyway, they were playing in the Cup against a team from down south somewhere and so I wandered over there to watch.

The match wasn't as good as I was expecting. St Priest were deservedly beaten by a better team, even if the opponents didn't have much idea in the final third of the field. St Priest were rather lacking all round although they had their chance - hitting the bar and the post and a couple of their forwards taking one step too many with the ball, or trying to do the difficult thing when the simpler thing would have been much more appropriate.

After that I went round to Liz and Terry's to drop off some stuff, and I was treated to tea which was very nice. And not just tea, but a doggy bag too - and home-made hot cross buns. Aren't I the lucky one?

And this morning? Well, to be honest, 11:15. Say no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment