Thursday, June 21, 2012

After the usual couple of hours ...

... on the laptop I went off to Rosemary's for the afternoon.

On the way there thought I had a couple of interesting encounters, firstly with the German guy who lives over the back here, and then with Francois Carriat who lives at Barrot. Francois was full of energy as usual - "on your way back, drop in. I could do with a hand".

Round at Rosemary's we made some space in her barn, put my door in there and loaded up Caliburn with the rubbish, as well as a few bits and pieces that she knew that I would like. I brought the rubbish back here because I have some stuff here that needs throwing away ... ... and I can heave that into the back of Caliburn and make just one trip down to the dechetterie at Pionsat.

Francois certainly did need a hand too. He's had a rotavator in his small field and turned it into some kind of market garden, and a friend offered him "some" tomato plants. This "some" turned out to be about 150 and they were about 10 inches high with flowers on them. Anyway, to cut a long story short ..."hooray" - ed ... Francois did the planting and I followed on behind with the watering cans and we managed to plant most of them before it went dark. For my trouble Francois gave me a dozen for which I am grateful, and also a chili plant.

Not only that, he fed and watered me too, and we had a good chat about all kinds of things. Including the fact that tomorrow there are four groups of musicians who will be roaming the Streets of Saint Gervais playing in all of the bars. Now that sounds like a fun evening and so I might just as well go out and see what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment