Monday, June 4, 2012

I forgot to blog last night.

But then again, it wasn't as if I had done all that much to blog about. Having had the usual sleep issues, from which I always suffer whenever I've been on a long journey, I did manage to tear myself out of the house and go into St Eloy for some food. Just as well that I did that too as there wasn't anything in the house.

And that was more than I did today, because I've not been anywhere at all. What didn't help matters was that for much of the morning we were having a tropical rainstorm -15mm of rain fell in 4 or 5 hours and I didn't much feel like going anywhere in that.

Another surprise was that the coffee that I had for breakfast this morning is the first that I have had since being on the railway station at Lyon on Thursday lunchtime. 70 hours without a coffee has to be some kind of record for me. I don't ever recall that happening before.

Tomorrow is back to work. And first task is to hack my way out of the house and create some kind of pathway through the jungle so that I can walk about. It's astonishing how much things have grown here. I don't think that I have ever seen anything like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment