Saturday, July 14, 2012

I didn't hold ...

... out much home of my little trip to Montlucon bringing home the bacon, but nevertheless I did all that I could do. Up ar 06:00, down the end of the lane to meet Terry as he drove past instead of him coming down here, going to Montlucon as quickly as possible, but all to no avail.

Brico Depot had a sale on this morning, and they had some prefabricated car ports at just €199 each. I wanted two, to put on my hard standing to cover up Caliburn and the Minerva, but even though we weren't there anything like late, they had all been sold. Or so they said.

At that price, it really was a giveaway anyway. Still, never mind. I did all that I could do.

I bought a few more bits and pieces and on the way back we called at the quarry at Montaigut. I wanted some sand but we ended up with a huge load of dry mix for concreting - Terry is concreting a patio at his house next week. And that has given me a little idea too.

So breakfast at 11:00, an event that occurs quite often round here, but never before after a full morning's work including a trip to Montlucon and to the quarry though.

I went to do some work on the website but was interrupted by a phone call from Cheze in St Eloy. Out water butts have finally arrived and so I wandered off to St Eloy to do the shopping (it's a Bank Holiday here tomorrow) and then off to Rosemarie's to give her her water butt and her guttering that had been lingering around Caliburn. I was there til 19:30 as well - gossiping away like a bunch of old women.

Tomorrow is a Bank Holiday as I said, and it's my custom to have a day off work on a Bank Holiday. But due to circumstances beyond my control, I've yet to have a Bank Holiday off this year, and tomorrow is no exception as I have a few radio scripts to write for next weekend.

It's all go here. Really, I don't know how on earth I found the time to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment