Friday, July 20, 2012

I didn't manage an early start this morning.

I was awake for much of the night - I had another bad attack of cramp and that wore me out. So it was 09:00 when I rose out of my pit.

We did the usual bit working on the website and then for the rest of the day I was outside. We had a few minutes on the wall but the day wasn't really bright enough for that and so I fixed the solar water heater, seeing as the tank fell down on my head yesterday afernoon while I was having a shower.

This afternoon I was working on the wall again. Long-term readers of this rubbish will remember that the other two walls that I built, I erected stones in the vertical position at the outside and inside, and filled in between with a very lightweight concrete - a kind-of concrete wall with stone cladding. Anyway, that's what I'm doing here with this wall now.

Part of the wall was built with very light breeze blocks - real cinder blocks even - so I'm smashing those one-by-one to use as the infill and then pouring concrete over the pieces to hold them in. It will be a lightweight wall, but it won't 'arf have some strength.

I've made quite a lot of progress and I reckon that given a good day on there tomorrow I shall have about half of the wall finished. All I'll have to do then is to point it, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment