Sunday, September 30, 2012

If you thought that last night ...

... was dramatic, what with the Miners coming back from the dead, you should have been at Briffons this afternoon!

Yes, with no goalkeeper and 2-0 down with the game dragging on, suddenly someone flicked the switch and the team came to life - and in the space of probably 20 minutes - they scored 4 times to win the match and to progress through to the next round of the League Cup.

You might indeed wonder how come they managed to score 4 times, especially as Cedric was having the day off, but for a change the rest of the attackers, once they had come to life, looked the part as well and tore the Briffons defence to shreds. Even Vincent, an 18 year old lad who signed for the senior team this year, although about 6 feet tall but weighing about 6 stones, threw himself about and made two goals for his striking partner, as well as hitting the post in the closing stages of the game.

 It was a lovely day to be out as well, a really nice day for a long drive, and I arrived at the ground early enough to see the second half of the previous game - a match in the Ladies' League. Briffons won that quite comfortably (they are second in the league) but the standard of play is much higher than I was expecting. I was pleasantly surprised by it all. In fact it made me wish that I would have arrived even earlier to watch all of the match.

But this morning, I'm not sure what happened. Chatting to Rhys until about 02:30, and with it being a Sunday too, I expected to be in bed until midday. But 08:45 when I woke up, and I could not get back to sleep.

So a lazy morning, but I did repair my two chests of drawers that are slowly starting to fall to pieces. At least now they open and close properly.

Anyway, back to work tomorrow. I need to clean out at the side of the lean-to and then move all of the stuff onto there from off the hardstanding. That isn't going to be the work of five minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment