Thursday, November 1, 2012

I'm glad ...

... that it was today that was a Bank Holiday and I decided not to work, because it has done nothing but pour down all day - at times with some really torrential rain.

And after a not-so-early night, switching off all of the alarms and so on, I managed to stay in bed until all of ... errr ... 08:56am. So much for that!

So after breakfast (which included coffee for the first time since when I was ill - i've been reintroducing foods one by one to see if there is anything that is bad) I sat down and watched Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - a really excellent film, much better than you might expect if you can steel yourself to pass the dire 10 minutes of opening.

I had loads of other things to do as well, but I did ... precisely nothing. Sat and vegetated for all of the day. I didn't even go downstairs to make any food - just nibbled on bits and pieces (but I did make a second coffee though).

Still, as Joy said, I deserve a day off every now and again where I shouldn't feel guilty about doing nothing. But if it's as bad as this tomorrow I'll crack on with the shelving in the cupboard. I really want that to be finished.

3 comments:

  1. For me, nearly 9:00 is the middle of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the other hand, it's 02:13 and I'm still wide awake. I used to work nights when I was a taxi / coach driver.

      Delete
  2. Now pouring down with rain and Bank Holiday seem to go together, don't they?

    ReplyDelete