Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I've finished ...

.. making the shelving unit for the cupboard at the back of the stairs. And after all this time too, but it's made-to-measure and each of the shelves had to be cut and fitted individually. Anyway, there it is.

It's not actually finshed though - it needs varnishing and it will have the first coat of that tomorrow morning.

You'll also notice that there's a shelf missing. The original plans called for 7 shelves, which is how many 400mm pine planks that I had, but Brain of Britain seems to have managed to forget his original plans and has made it to take 8. But never mind. I'll be in Montlucon sometime and I can pick one up then.

It's actually a huge beast and weighs a tonne - I never expected it to turn out anything like this. Stil, it'll take tons of the stuff that's lying around the place.

And so apart from that and the usual stuff on the computer, that's about that. Ooooh - I did have a phone call from Nada who has resurfaced in the area, and also a long chat with Rosemarie. She's going out on a date tomorrow night - it's alright for some, isn't it?

Anyway, my bed beckons. I feel like an early night.


No comments:

Post a Comment