Sunday, May 29, 2011

The first thing ...

... that I remembered this morning was the usual cacophony of bells and whistles and the like. Second thing was the boulangère outside. And I hadn't left her any money and I wanted to see her to cancel the bread while I'm away. Ahhh well.

And so after a leisurely morning of not doing much it was off to Commentry. And no OSB in the DiY place either. That's a blow. I'll have to use one piece of anything that I've got around here and then get the rest in the UK. But they did have a bundle of coving stuff there - end of series and the like - all for €3:00 and so that ended up in the back of Caliburn.

At the Bonnes Affaires I bought another one of the huge casseroles with lids, and that will be the beichstuhl for outside, when I come back.

And at the swimming baths at Neris something quite unusual happened. I was there before it opened and in the queue in front of me was a young kid. When she got to the ticket office to pay, the attendant asked her how old she was. 11, so it appeared, and the age limit for an unaccompanied child is 12, so the attendant turfed her out. The kid burst into tears and so, feeling quite sorry for her, I found myself saying to the attendant "that's ok - I'll keep an eye on her"

When I was the stepfather to Roxanne we used to go to the swimming baths every week. I taught her to swim and to do lots of other aquatic things too and we used to have a great time there. It was something that I really missed after I split up with her mother - I was such a good dad to her - and so with this girl we had the same kind of fun in the swimming baths. I taught her to do somersaults underwater, to swim on her back, and then we did a quick 12 lengths of the pool, and it's quite a long one too and I was shattered. I have to say that I haven't had so much fun for ages. It's what I really miss, doing something useful and productive. But just imagine that in the UK.

Tomorrow it's the final matches of the season. We have Pionsat's 1st XI, having blown their season last week, playing against Manzat who are already relegated. That's at 15:00. That clashes with Marcillat's 1st XI playing Commentry, but Marcillat's 2nd XI are playing at 13:00, also at home, and so I reckon I'll go there first and make a good day of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment