Sunday, May 1, 2011

Well, it was all go at the footy tonight.

Firstly, Pionsat's 3rd XI had a most unlikely 3-1 victory against a team much higher than them in the league. I've no idea what happened though as I wasn't there to see it. I was there though in time to see the 2nd XI brushed aside 4-1. They are, I fear, doomed for relegation. Short of ideas up front, the defence was woeful - even more so than usual. The defence always was suspect but when they had a lightning-quick attack it usually compensated for it. But with illness, injury and suspension the attack has long gone.

I was at St Eloy to see the 1st XI take on the Miners, and thrash them 7-2. The Miners could only put out 10 players, which is astonishing for a 1st Division match, and while their attack was quite useful, the defence was way beyond woeful and into the comical. In one four-minute spell (I counted it) we had -
- a Pionsat cross from the by-line driven into the area to no-one in particular (there was no Pionsat player forward) cannon off a St Eloy defender tracking back and go into his own goal.
- A high Pionsat cross from the by-line into the area to no-one in particular, and the keeper palmed it into his own net
 - A long high ball forward from Pionsat to no-one in particular- the keeper shouts "to me" to his centre half - the centre-half heads it backwards but with nothing like enough power - the keeper has to dive miles forward to gather it up, but he spills it - his forward momentum carries the ball quite some distance forward to an unmarked Nico who simply sidefoots it into an empty net.
 All of that in four minutes!

I was in Montlucon this afternoon buying stuff for the water system. It cost me €100 more-or-less but it's all good-quality stuff and that should keep it all in good condition and done up properly, with taps between the two tanks to isolate them, and a central tap to drain them.

But I had a brainwave. I was going to join them up using some pipe connectors and some transparent pipe, but fot the same money I bought one of those stainless steel flexible tap connectors  That's much more like it.

Yes, Brico Depot now selling bulkhead connectors make a whole load of things much more possible.

And now I'm off to bed. Nice clean clothes and nice clean bedding too - I was at the swimming baths this afternoon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment