Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's been all go here today

Yes, I crawled out of the heaving pit at about 10:30 and it was off to Karl and Lou's for their chantier. The girls were painting the front of the house while Jean, Francois and I were building a woodshed.

At 14:30 I had to piddle off to Marcillat for this meeting and now I know why they wanted me - apparently they didn't have a translator and so Yours Truly was stuck with the task. But it was well-worth going for I met a Dutch guy there who sells and hires out trailers. I'd talked to him a while back about car transporter trailers but he doesn't do them, and so I made it clear that I had one that I might hire out. One thing led to another and it turns out that he plays music in a folk group of sorts. I mentioned my previous existence when I played bass guitar and he's going to pass my details on to a friend of his who plays in a folk rock group.

Later this evening I was at Virlet for the annual evening walk. For a change the weather was good and the walk was enjoyable even though it was done at the pace of a route march. Afterwards we had the fire and food and drink and dancing to music provided by .... our friend with the trailer and with the backdrop of the firework display at Montaigut. It really was a most enjoyable evening and Jean, Elizabeth, Clotilde and Rosemary all enjoyed it.

What with one thing and another it really was a good, enjoyable day and I'm off to bed quite happy for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment