Friday, July 8, 2011

I was right ...

... about this wiring not being easy. I still haven't finished it.

After a morning on the computer and another hour or two proofing this website for Dave, I had another start on the wiring. I've put the wiring in place on the mounting for the solar panels - that was the first thing - and then connected those wires up with those for the wind turbine and those for the anemometer and tried to feed them through the roof.

After about half an hour, perched precariously on the top of the ladder, I managed to make some progress, and so it was from there to inside the barn with the ladder to pull it all inside.

Of course, it was miles short and it didn't look at all right. Yes, it was hooked up on a stone that was stopping it moving. And so back with the ladder outside, pull the cables back and then start again. Was it three or four times I had the ladder in and out of the barn? I dunno, but it's finally all inside.

An added complication is that the join in the cable for the wind turbine is now right where it can't be accessed - so I ended up back outside wit the ladder, pull the cables back outside, make the join, and then pull it back again.

So now the canle is all in place, I need to cut a hole in the barn floor and I made a start on that. But going downstairs to search for something I noticed that it was 19:30. Where did the time go?

Anyway, I knocked off and I'll have another go at finishing it tomorrow. And once that's done, I can turn my attention to mounting the solar panels. Yes, there are all kinds of strange things going on here.

In other news, it's not for me to comment on the affairs of the News of the Screws. All I can say is that it's about time that Rebekah Wade got hers, but it seems that Murdoch would rather sacrifice a newspaper and 200 staff rather than a favourite acolyte. If you can guess the reasons why, write your answers on a plain brown envelope and post it to me. There will be a prize for the most interesting response.

But what of course will the usual suspects do on a Sunday morning now that the News of the Screws has gone? Well this is the whole point of this posting. A friend of mine in the newspaper world tells me that all of a sudden the domain names "Sundaysun" and "Sunonsunday" are "no longer available to purchase". No surprise there, then.

1 comment:

  1. Given that News of the World and The Sun are just about as bilious as the Daily Mail and The Mirror, I'd say close them all and replace them with one tabloid appropriately called "The Stirrer".

    ReplyDelete