Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It was 09:30 ...

... this morning when I was burned out of bed by the heat. It's quite astonishing just now, all of this. It was only a week or so ago that I was complaining about the cold weather.

Anyway, I've finished the web pages for the Nova Scotia Museum of Industry and they are on line. And well-worth a read too because I managed to blag my way in to see the world's most controversial railway engine. But that's all the web site stuff that I'm doing now until I go back next week - is it really only a week away?

The web pages took me nicely to lunch and I actually managed to find a decent tomato in the megacloche. How nice that was as well. Afterwards I was back up the ladder again. It's now right into the apex of the roof - I can see over the roof line - and sfter today's exertions there's not all that much more to do up there. I'm out tomorrow afternoon so I'll finish it off on Wednesday.

A short while after working in the garden I went for my solar shower. And a max temperature of an astonishing 60.5°:C was recorded. But don't get carried away by that - I forgot to fill it yesterday and so the temperature sender was reading the air temperature. 41°C was much more like it.

Tonmorrow I have to go to the mairie at Pionsat for some stuff for Radio Anglais. And then, I have to pick up another oil tank. This will be the "before" for the used cooking oil. I'll also make up the leads for the batteries over in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment