Friday, November 11, 2011

I didn't get so much done today.

And that's despite having an early start as well.

But in the night when I had to get up to go for a gypsy's, I saw a mouse appearing from a hole in the insulation in the ceiling. It saw me and darted back inside, and I heard the tell-tale scamper of tiny feet up into the roof.

And so this morning I spent an hour or so cutting up the offcuts of tongue and grooving and making a wall across the insulation and shoring it up. And so far, it's been All Quiet on the Western Front. We shall see. But mice are persistent creatures and if there's a way in they will find it.

And it wasn't Quiet on the Eastern Front either.I didn't getmuch done on the wall because I spent much of the afternoon watching two herds of wild boar battle for possession of Lieneke's field. The noise was spectacular to say the least. "Deafening" is another good word to describe it.

I didn't have my camera with me up on the scaffolding (I'd probably get a pile of dust in it or drop it or something) and although I was tempted to go down and fetch it, discretion was the better part of valour. All of that agression about 20 yards from me and if I had been observed I might possiblyhave become involved in it, and I'm not half as well-armed or well-equipped as a wild boar. And they are quite noisy bar stewards as well.

Tomorrow I'm going to be pointing for as long as the sand holds out, and then I'll make a start on the wind turbine.

No comments:

Post a Comment