Sunday, December 4, 2011

I haven't done anything at all today.

A miserable wet windy Saturday was enough to keep me up here. All I've done is to tidy up (just a little), do a little work on the radio programme, and read a book on Canadian railways. It's a long time since I've had a lazy day like that.

This evening I went to the football with the new lens. I'll post a pic up here so that you can see what it looks like, but action night shots at 1/640 on ISO1600, and sufficient light to do it as well is amazing. And with being manual focus, the reaction time is instant. However one slight drawback is that the focus doesn't stay locked and I didn't realise that. It floated off from infinity and I didn't notice, and one or two pf the photos at least are not much good.

I'm curious to see what the rest are like, but I'm going to do that tomorrow. I'm pretty tired again right now. All of this lazing around is no good for me.  

3 comments:

  1. That's where tape comes in handy. It will drift if you touch it. Got to keep those fingers off the focussing ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wanders off even when you don't touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it sloppy or loose or are you unconsciously touching it or rubbing it against things?

    ReplyDelete