Saturday, February 25, 2012

Well, that was exciting!

Two hours on my feet in front of about 25 people doing my presentation of the Trans-Labrador Highway. And doing it all in French as well! It went down quite well too, much to my surprise. The thing that I reckon is most important about living in new surroundings is to make an effort to integrate and to take an active role in community affairs. And so that's my bit done for the next few years.

Anyway, it's my birthday today so happy birthday to me of course. And in keeping with tradition I did my best not to do anything today. That's what birthdays are all about of course. But it didn't quite work out like that as I had to redo the presentation (and it STILL didn't work on anyone's computer except mine and isn't that a mystery?) and then I had a surprise visit from Terry to wish me a happy birthday, bring me a birthday cake (thanks, Liz) and a couple of birthday presents, to wit one cement mixer and a box of screwdriver bits. It's really nice when your friends understand instinctively your needs.

So that was today, really. But here's a piece of surprising information - apart from about an hour earlier this morning, I've had no heat on in here today. And it's well after 02:00 and the temperature is still over 15°C.

No comments:

Post a Comment