Sunday, April 15, 2012

I've been busy today as well.

I managed to wake up with the alarm today, for a change. And an early breakfast too, for once. After that, I spent a lot of time working on a project that I'm doing for Dave at Hexham. Only problem with this though is that I'm struggling for creative inspiration at the moment. Margaret Thatcher once famously said "anyone can do a good day's work when they feel like it. The key to success is to be able to do a good day's work when you don't feel like it" and I don't disagree with those comments at all. I really need to summon up the inspiration from somewhere.

I've also started to make a list of things that I need to do before I go away. It's going to be a flaming long list, that's for sure. And it will certainly stop me feeling listless.

In St Eloy I bumped into Clare and Keith doing their shopping, even though I wasn't there long and had a rather minimalist €23 shopping bill. Nothing special was on offer. Never mind.

Tonight, I was at the football watching Pionsat play the Chimps. And I'm not going to be talking about the match on here because I have a feeling that I shall be talking about it elsewhere. But I did go to see the Maison Ducros, the building that I photographed the other day and about which there has been so much controversy.

As you can see, there's no controversy about it now, is there? It's a tragedy.

For an hour or so, I did manage to see some of the classic film Ben-Hur starring the famous Charlton Athletic, he of the cold dead hand. But never mind any of that, guess who was the stunt co-ordinator and second unit director? Yes, none other than our old friend who has featured in these pages on several occasions, the legendary Yakima Canutt. He gets about a bit, doesn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment