Sunday, June 10, 2012

How embarrassing.

I was invited out to a party tonight and even though I'm not particularly sociable I try to make a point of going - it's the only way that I'll ever meet new people.

But anyway, after a leisurely start I set to work on the radio programmes for the next 6 weeks and in a fit of unbridled enthusiasm I'd finished everything that needed doing by about 19:00. rather late but I wasn't going to stop.

So while I was washing and shaving I threw together a mushroom fried rice to take with me, and then I leapt into Caliburn and set off for the entertainment.

It was when I reached St Fargeol that I realised that I didn't have a clue where I was going. That was a pain. I knew the name of the people whose party it was and so I asked around in the village. No-one knew of them and so I looked in the phone book, with the aid of one of the natives, but they weren't listed. And so I went for a good drive around to see if I could find a place with plenty of cars but that drew a blank as well.

What a shame. I was quite looking forward to it too. Ahhh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment