Sunday, August 19, 2012

This is ridiculous.

Well after midnight and it's 32°C up here in my attic. It reached 33.8°C at sometime during the day, and outside the temperature reached 40.1°C

I had a pile of radio programmes to do and so  I spent this morning up here doing the music ones, and that made me melt, I can tell you.

I nipped into St Eloy for some shopping and that was painfully hot but there's something going on at LIDL - fewer and fewer articles in the shop, bigger and bigger gaps. I don't like the look of this.

I spent a couple of hours chatting to Rosemarie afterwards - it made quite a pleasant end to the afternoon and on the way back, i could tell that despite the boiling weather it will soon be Christmas as the turkey farm is going berserk. The noise, the dust and the stench, you could feel all of that from miles away and thee were thousands of them all running around. Christmas will soon be here, right enough.

Back here, the water in the solar heat exchanger at 20:35 was 34°C and so even at that time, in the dusk, I had a lovely solar shower.

So now I have to try my best to go to sleep. But how, in 32°C I really do not know. And to think that it was only 3 weeks ago that we were complaining about the cold. 41°C - I ask you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment