Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm whacked

Yes, cutting wood is not necessarily all that easy.

We had Terry's trailer (about 5mx2m) stacked 1m high of wood, and then about another 3 or 4 cubic metres in his van. We started at about 10:00 and by 17:30 the wood was finished - and so were we!

All cut into 30cm lengths and split where necessary, and there's about 3 or 4 cubic metres in the back of Caliburn. I could have had much more than that but Caliburn was right down on the suspension and the tyres were bulging so that'll do me for now. That should last me all this winter and then some more.

Another problem is that I have nowhere to store it. But then again, I would rather have that problem than the problem of having no wood in the middle of winter. But anyway, it was nice coming back home with the smell of newly cut wood percolating through the bulkhead from the back.  

Mind you, it was hard to start to move again after sitting down. I wasn't going to put a row or two of mortar on the wall, that's for sure - even if it hadn't been raining. I'm not sure how I'll be feeling tomorrow either.

Still, this was a good deal and I'm quite happy about it - and doesn't that make a change these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment