Monday, September 24, 2012

Something of a change of plan ...

... today.

I did manage to crawl out of my stinking pit and make it to Marcillat in time for recording our programmes this morning. And after that, Nan met us and we all went for a coffee as she needed to pick our collective brains about an initiative that she has for the nouveau arrivants.

From there normally it's down to Liz's for lunch and then off to Gerzat for our next round of radio shows, and as I was following Liz down the road I gently mused to myself "wouldn't it be funny if she put her foot on the brakes and I ran into the back of her car". And even as I spoke, she put her foot on the brakes and I very nearly did.

It seemed that Candace from Radio Arverne had phoned. The machinery had broken down and so we couldn't record today. Could we come back some other time?

And so I went home and worked on the photos that I had taken this weekend. And as I was preparing to go outside at my usual start time, I listened to the howling wind and the driving rain and it was getting worse and worse and so I stayed up here and had an afternoon off - I did absolutely nothing at all - not even making any lunch.

Of course it's a waste of a day and I feel even worse than I did before but, anyway, there you are. I can't afford to mess around like this - I really need to motivate myself as I have a lot to do, but sometimes that's just how it goes.

I'll need to work twice as hard tomorrow but somehow I doubt it. I'm off to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment