Tuesday, November 20, 2012

We were radioing today

But I almost wasn't. Coming into Marcillat I encountered a large red lorry, and the closer I approached it, the farther it drifted out across the road into my path until I ended up with two wheels on the pavement and a big bulge in one of my tyres. And just before I come to the UK too. I could have done without that.

Just for a change, things went according to plan at Radio Tartasse and we weren't there long. I put some diesel into Caliburn and then went down to Liz's for lunch - hot-pot, apple crumble and custard followed by Cecile's chocolate cake and Liz's carrot cake, all the leftovers from yesterday evening, and nice they were too.

Radio Arverne was surprisingly well-organised too and we didn't stay long there. I've been planning a new format for the presentation of the programmes and that seemed to work quite well - a vast improvement on piles of scattered papers all over the place. Bernard the engineer finally managed to track down some of the programmes that were lost following his technical hitches in March and September but the rest are, unfortunately, irretreivably lost which is something of a shame.

Back to Liz's for more coffee and carrot cake (I really am so lucky) and that was that.

Tomorrow it's back to work and I'll be doing the flooring in the bathroom. That should keep me out of mischief for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment