Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas everyone

I hope that Santa brings you everything that you deserve this morning.

As for me today though, I've had the best fire here this evening that I have ever had, and I'm so delighted. After the usual breakfast and bits and pieces I dismantled the stove pipes. I've ruined about three brushes and all kinds of things, but it was necessary as the pipes were totally choked with ash and tar and all kinds of stuff. Hardly an air passage in sight, no wonder that the fire wouldn't draw.

Anyway, the pipes are now thoroughly cleaned, jointed and reinstalled exactly as they should be, and the fire this evening burnt beautifully, even demolishing a large log on the lowest air setting. Even more exciting was the fact that the glass in the window remained mostly clear with hardly a trace of soot. That's a first.

Apart from that, I wrapped up the presents and toddled off to Marianne's to deposit hers. We had quite a chat too for a couple of hours, and that was quite pleasant.

So that's it. Tomorrow I'm supposed to be having a day off but that's unlikely as, if all goes according to plan, I'll be having visitors and so I'll need to cook. That will be exciting.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful day, Eric. Merry Christmas to you too. Your fire/stove sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete