Monday, December 17, 2012

... nor last night either.

I didn't return home until 01:35 this morning and as it was cold up here I went straight to bed.

I'd spent the Sunday doing not very much at all - some tidying up ... "thud!" - ed ... and arranging some papers, and then went to Liz and Terry's to rehearse the radio programmes. On the way I stopped to pick up Cécile who had been invited.

It's a mammoth radio programme and I doubted very much that we'll finish it - after all, 35 pages of A4 is some going - but at least it's broken the back of the radio programme for next Christmas too, if anything else survives after Friday.

I also received my Christmas prezzie - a vegan Christmas cake - and I'll post a photo of it as soon as I can find a fork lift truck to lift it out of the back of Caliburn.

Cécile was having further trouble with this new woodstove that she's been given and so I stopped off there to have a good look at it. It took me a while to figure it out but once that was resolved and it had had a good cleaning it burnt like a good'un. But it took ages, hence the laste return home.

Today we did the radio programmes - Radio Tartasse this morning, Radio Arverne this afternoon, and then the Christmas special, and after dropping off Liz and having coffee (and ginger cake of course) I came back here and here i'm staying.

The reason for that is simple. I've not been feeling to well for a couple of days and last night a heavy head cold erupted, hence no sleep. It now seems to have developed into man-flu and so that's me up here in the attic for the duration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment